• 2 week rotations (primarily 3rd year students) will include:
- 1 week at Bellevue Hospital and 1 week at either Tisch Hospital or Lenox Hill Hospital.
- 2 week rotations at Bellevue Hospital will be accommodated whenever possible, based on availability and the number of student rotators.
• 4 week rotations (acting sub-internship) will include:
- 2 weeks at Bellevue Hospital and 2 weeks at Tisch, or
- 2 weeks at Bellevue Hospital, 1 week at Tisch Hospital, and 1 week at Lenox Hill Hospital based on the number of student rotators for any given block.
Each student will be provided with their hospital assignments prior to their arrival at NYU by Dieann Sangster, our Medical Student Coordinator. If you have not received your assignment schedule prior to your expected start date, you must contact the department at (212) 263-6344 for details.
The rotating student must contact either, the resident on-call or the chief resident for the given hospital a few days in advance to find out the location and start time for morning rounds.
Registration is required for all visiting students for all electives. On the first day of your elective, please report to the Office of Registration/Student Records, Greenberg Hall, 545 First Avenue (directly opposite Main Building), 6th Floor - Suite 6M. Office Hours are 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
If you are starting your rotation at Bellevue Hospital and you have completed your registration and obtained your ID, please proceed to Bellevue Hospital Center, 462 First Avenue & East 27th Street. To the left in the main lobby are the Ambulatory Care elevators. Take any elevator to the 3rd Floor module (C) ENT/Ophthalmology Clinic. You must also sign-in with Ms. Dieann Sangster in the Otolaryngology Administrative Office with a copy of your ID badge. If you require scrubs, Ms. Sangster will process your request at that time.
If you are starting your rotation at either Tisch Hospital or Lenox Hill Hospital, specific directions will be provided when you sign-in with Ms. Sangster.
For more information about our electives, please visit the Registrar's website .
Visiting students are welcome in the Department of Otolaryngology. For more information about visiting student requirements, please visit the Registrar's website  or contact Dieann Sangster, Elective Coordinator for Otolaryngology at (212) 263-6344.