Otology, Neurotology & Skull Base Surgery
How to Prepare for Your First Appointment
For Otology patients:
1. Call us at 212-263-5565 to make an appointment.
2. Please make sure to check whether your insurance requires a referral to our surgeons from your primary care or referring physician.
3. Please bring all contact information for your referring physician(s), primary care physician and any other doctors, including addresses and phone numbers.
4. It is often helpful to also bring a list of questions that you wish to ask the doctor during your visit.
*Remember: It will greatly facilitate your care and save you time if you bring or fax your completed Health History Form, medical records, and referring physician contact information to your first appointment.
What you should bring to your first appointment
Your first visit with us will be a comprehensive appointment.
1. To facilitate your visit, please complete our Health History Form and bring it with you to your first appointment.
2. Please make sure to list your current medications, frequency and dosages, including all over-the-counter medications, aspirin, arthritis or pain
medications, herbal remedies and supplements. Include any medication allergies and your reaction to these medications.
3. Please ask your doctor(s) to fax any medical records relevant to your current problem, performed outside of NYU Medical Center, to us at 212-263-2019. You may also bring copies of these records with you.
4. Please see below for specific medical records relevant to your problem. Do not worry if you have not had these tests done. If needed, we can order them for you after your visit.
Medical records, RELEVANT TO THE PROBLEM FOR WHICH YOU ARE BEING SEEN, include:
- Doctor's notes, letters, or previous operative reports
- Any relevant laboratory tests (blood work, hearing tests,vestibular testing etc.)
- Any relevant imaging studies (x-ray, CT scan, MRI, etc. )
Our services can be initiated by a referral from your primary physician or perhaps a general otolaryngologist, or some patients choose to contact us directly regarding a procedure.
Our physicians are world renown for managing diseases and disorders of hearing, balance, cranial nerves, and the skull base. They work in tandem with a diverse multi-disciplinary team that includes craniofacial surgeons, an orthodontist, prosthodontist, neurosurgeon, ophthalmologist, psychologist, geneticist and nurse clinician. Some of our patients’ most common complaints are:
NYU Langone Medical Center
550 First Avenue, Suite 7Q
New York, NY 10016
Green Pathway, Silverstein Elevator (formerly “F”)
NYU Cochlear Implant Center
660 First Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Appointments: (212) 263-7567
Fax: (212) 263-3330
Physicians and Appointments
Sean McMenomey, MD | Phone: (212) 263-5565 Fax: (212) 263-2019
Paul Hammerschlag, MD, FACS | Phone: (212) 889-2600 Fax: (212) 679-9207
Daniel Jethanamest, MD | Phone: (212) 263-5565 Fax: (212) 263-2019
J. Thomas Roland, Jr., MD, FACS | Phone: (212) 263-5565 Fax: (212) 263-2019