NYULMC in the News
- FDA-Approved Hybrid Cochlear Implants Help Hearing Patients Understand Sound
Wed, 2014-05-21 17:04
- The merging of man and machine to create a superhuman might be closer than we think. Sean O’Leary McMenomey, MD, and William Shapiro, AuD, CCC-A, are featured.
Mon, 2014-05-05 13:10
- Thomas Roland, MD, is interviewed regarding a new device that combines the best of a hearing aid with a cochlear implant to allow adults that are not benefitting solely from a hearing aid to fill the void.
Tue, 2014-04-08 17:24
- Researchers have found that most physicians treat chronic hoarseness with reflux medication, but researchers say this approach should change. Milan Amin, MD, is quoted.
Mon, 2014-02-10 15:48
- Dr. Thomas Roland, head and neck surgeon at New York University Langone Medical Center, speaks to the "CBS This Morning" co-hosts about the new implant that allowed a deaf 3-year-old boy to hear his father's voice for the first time.
Mon, 2013-06-24 13:09
- Richard Lebowitz, an associate professor of otolaryngology at NYU Langone Medical Center, said he "can't go a week" without seeing a patient suffering from nosebleeds. The dry, cold air Harvey experienced in Denver only made things worse.
Mon, 2013-05-13 19:40
- Why Not To Stick Cotton Swabs In Your Ear
Mon, 2013-04-01 13:04
- Stephen Rothstein, MD, provides insight on using Q-tips including the health risks and potential benefits.
Tue, 2013-03-19 15:56
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced a new health initiative called the Hearing Loss Prevention Media Campaign, designed to inform New Yorkers about the risks of listening to loud music. William H. Shapiro, AuD, CCC-A, is quoted.
Tue, 2013-03-19 15:51
- Surgeons Dr. J. Thomas Roland Jr. and Dr. John Golfinos extract benign tumor called an acoustic neuroma from politician
Tue, 2012-07-17 20:24
- Dr Roland, Chair of Otolaryngology at the NYU Medical Center in Manhattan," said an entry on Halloran's Facebook page.
Wed, 2012-05-30 05:04
- Zinc Could Lessen Cold Symptoms, Study Finds
Tue, 2012-05-08 16:06
- Cochlear Implant most effective way to correct hearing impairment in Arab populations
Mon, 2012-04-23 21:09
- Voice Disorders in Children Require a Team Approach
Mon, 2012-03-26 14:54
- Rob Froemke among winners of 2012 Alfred P. Sloane Research Fellowship
Tue, 2012-02-28 01:51
- Grammys Will Be Adele's Vocal 'Debut' After Surgery
Mon, 2012-02-13 15:58
- Early Cochlear Implant Best for Deaf Kids
Mon, 2012-01-09 21:40
- Dr. Matthew White comments on non-invasive alternatives to facial plastic surgery
Wed, 2010-12-22 16:49
- Facial Rejuvenation; W. Matthew White, M.D. - ABC Good Morning America
Wed, 2010-11-17 16:48
- Dr. Matthew White Comments on New Non-Surgical Ultrasound Face-Lifting Technology
Tue, 2010-10-19 15:47