NYULMC in the News
- Bill Shapiro, the supervising audiologist, says Karyn has perfectly normal hearing at low frequencies, between 250 and 500 Hertz. But she has severe to profound loss at high frequencies.
Mon, 2014-09-08 13:22
- FDA-Approved Hybrid Cochlear Implants Help Hearing Patients Understand Sound
Wed, 2014-05-21 17:04
- The merging of man and machine to create a superhuman might be closer than we think. Sean O’Leary McMenomey, MD, and William Shapiro, AuD, CCC-A, are featured.
Mon, 2014-05-05 13:10
- Thomas Roland, MD, is interviewed regarding a new device that combines the best of a hearing aid with a cochlear implant to allow adults that are not benefitting solely from a hearing aid to fill the void.
Tue, 2014-04-08 17:24
- Researchers have found that most physicians treat chronic hoarseness with reflux medication, but researchers say this approach should change. Milan Amin, MD, is quoted.
Mon, 2014-02-10 15:48
- Dr. Thomas Roland, head and neck surgeon at New York University Langone Medical Center, speaks to the "CBS This Morning" co-hosts about the new implant that allowed a deaf 3-year-old boy to hear his father's voice for the first time.
Mon, 2013-06-24 13:09
- Richard Lebowitz, an associate professor of otolaryngology at NYU Langone Medical Center, said he "can't go a week" without seeing a patient suffering from nosebleeds. The dry, cold air Harvey experienced in Denver only made things worse.
Mon, 2013-05-13 19:40
- Why Not To Stick Cotton Swabs In Your Ear
Mon, 2013-04-01 13:04
- Stephen Rothstein, MD, provides insight on using Q-tips including the health risks and potential benefits.
Tue, 2013-03-19 15:56
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced a new health initiative called the Hearing Loss Prevention Media Campaign, designed to inform New Yorkers about the risks of listening to loud music. William H. Shapiro, AuD, CCC-A, is quoted.
Tue, 2013-03-19 15:51
- Surgeons Dr. J. Thomas Roland Jr. and Dr. John Golfinos extract benign tumor called an acoustic neuroma from politician
Tue, 2012-07-17 20:24
- Dr Roland, Chair of Otolaryngology at the NYU Medical Center in Manhattan," said an entry on Halloran's Facebook page.
Wed, 2012-05-30 05:04
- Zinc Could Lessen Cold Symptoms, Study Finds
Tue, 2012-05-08 16:06
- Cochlear Implant most effective way to correct hearing impairment in Arab populations
Mon, 2012-04-23 21:09
- Voice Disorders in Children Require a Team Approach
Mon, 2012-03-26 14:54
- Rob Froemke among winners of 2012 Alfred P. Sloane Research Fellowship
Tue, 2012-02-28 01:51
- Grammys Will Be Adele's Vocal 'Debut' After Surgery
Mon, 2012-02-13 15:58
- Early Cochlear Implant Best for Deaf Kids
Mon, 2012-01-09 21:40
- Dr. Matthew White comments on non-invasive alternatives to facial plastic surgery
Wed, 2010-12-22 16:49
- Facial Rejuvenation; W. Matthew White, M.D. - ABC Good Morning America
Wed, 2010-11-17 16:48