The NYU School of Medicine offers assistance with housing needs through the Off Campus Housing Assistance Program (OCHAP) office. The office is a centralized referral and resource center providing residents with the following tools to assist in housing searches:
- A knowledgeable and dedicated staff
- Lists of realtors and landlords
- Orientation materials on NYC neighborhoods and market information
- Apartment, roommate and sublet listings
- Computer terminals with access to the NYU housing database providing reduced fee or no fee apartment listings (limitations apply)
- Information on additional benefits that may be available
Visit the OCHAP online.
Salaries & Benefits
Resident salaries are set separately at each of the constituent hospitals in accord with prevailing standards. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, uniforms and four weeks paid vacation per year.